Green water..... help.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YY7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My water is turning green after two days of changing more than 50%. Its turning a light green tint, and also looks cloudy, I have a low tech tank with plants. Please.... I'm going insane..... I've changed more than 50% percent of water twice in a week. Any suggestions, will a UV sterilizer/ clerifier work? If it wil, how long till I see improvement?

:rainbow1: :n00b: :rainbow1:

First, make sure the water is green and not just cloudy. The easiest way to do this is to put some tank water in a white styrofoam cup and see if it is trully tinted green.

If it is, check out this article for some help.
Greater Washington Aquatic Plant Association » Algae in the Planted Aquarium

If it's just milky or cloudy (not green) then it's a bacteria bloom most likely. 2 completely different diagnosis.

It's actually tinted green, I can see it when I change the water in my white bucket.

I read the article Neilan, one solution would be to place daphnia in a breeder net, they eat the algea, but, how do I culture them or where can I get them? I would want to try that, because my fish will also enjoy eating them after they do the job of clearing my water, I know it sounds cold hearted, but my fish are my priority.

Back
Top Bottom