ground cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ktw020

Aquarium Advice Activist
What is the best low/med light carpeting plant? I have a dirted tank with root tabs, dosing Leaf Zone and Liquid C02.
Thanks (y)

Why would you want slow growing for carpeting (noob question)?

You don't. Well, it's bittersweet. With low light and no co2, nothing really will grow that fast. Especially ground cover because it's so far away from the light.

Warning on the hydrocotyle, it's ANNOYING to keep it planted. It doesn't became free-floating but mine never spreads in the substrate. The runners tend to grow out of the substrate

Warning on the hydrocotyle, it's ANNOYING to keep it planted. It doesn't became free-floating but mine never spreads in the substrate. The runners tend to grow out of the substrate
That's probably because it's growing in a low tech environment. Mine hugs the substrate and needs trimmed 2 times a week in my high tech.

That's probably because it's growing in a low tech environment. Mine hugs the substrate and needs trimmed 2 times a week in my high tech.

Well it's not like it's growing "tall". It's growing extremely compact which Is surprising. I think it's because when I first planted it , I didnt plant it right. And in the month I've had it, it's quadrupled in size. And I find it impossible to plant anyway.

Well it's not like it's growing "tall". It's growing extremely compact which Is surprising. I think it's because when I first planted it , I didnt plant it right. And in the month I've had it, it's quadrupled in size. And I find it impossible to plant anyway.

How could you plant it wrong? :lol: You just shove it in the substrate. The runners are supposed to grow above the substrate, btw.

How could you plant it wrong? :lol: You just shove it in the substrate. The runners are supposed to grow above the substrate, btw.

Everytime I shove it into the sand it pops back out. I'm using planting tweezers. Maybe I'm just bad at planting lol:p!
And the runners end up growing like 4 inches above the substrate LOL...

Everytime I shove it into the sand it pops back out. I'm using planting tweezers. Maybe I'm just bad at planting lol:p! And the runners end up growing like 4 inches above the substrate LOL...
nature of the beast. Mine does this too sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom