Growing plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dane

Aquarium Advice Regular
Have several plants in my tank, just hardy grasses not sure of the names. I'm just looking for a good way to have them grow fast and big. Not looking to get into co2.

I have a fluorescent bulb that says it's for plants and aquariums, and I haven't used any ferts because I'm not sure what to use. I have a pool filter sant substrate.

Not sure what grasses need specifically , but for planted tanks, you can use Seachem Flourish, Excell & Iron. A lot of people use dry ferts, just do a search here. Rivercats especially has written a lot of info about them.

image-2386247138.jpg

In just the last two days my plants are looking very bad. The tips are dying.

They're cypts and it is very normal for it to do that any time they are moved or have a change in water conditions. It's called melting. They will grow back quickly. But they are heavy root feeders so you will need to get them root tabs

I'm not sure I just got a fluorescent 24" bulb from Home Depot that said it was for plans and aquariums. How do you tell the level of lighting?

The bulb or the package it came it should have all the specs:
-t5, t8, etc
-28 watts, 40 watts, etc
-4500k, 6500k, etc

With that info we can determine your light level and be better help

If it's the typical purple'ish color I don't think it will for for plants. Try and find out if it's a 6500k color temp which would be ideal

Back
Top Bottom