grrr...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Japola44

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got home about an 2 hours ago from the airport, and i was really excited to see all the boxes of fish stuff I ordered here! Well I opened them all up, set up my stand to be put together, got out my new reactor, and finaly opened the boxes of substrate.
It came in 2 seperate boxes for 3 bags. Sadly when I opended the second box with 2 bags I got eco-complete chiclid sand not plant substrate :x . So, I will see if tomorrow my mom will take me to the post office to return it. I bet the shipping for it will be ridiculous :evil: Not to mention I was hoping to have enough money this week to buy the rest of the CO2 stuff, some PVC and small stones so i could get started on the floor of the tank. I shouldnt have spent so much money on clothes in LA.

I have been working soooo long and spending soooo much money on this tank and it probably won't even have fish in it until the end of august at this rate :( If only my fish pooed money lol. :p

sorry i just needed to get that out... :roll:

Who did you order from? They might/should be willing to email you a UPS shipping label that you can print off. I'm pretty sure they would help you out if it was their mistake.

Don't lose hope brother! Most of us have been through that at least once. It will all be worth it int the end!

Yeah, contact the shipper. They should send you new stuff and a sticker to return the wrong item at no cost to you including all of the shipping charges. Unfortunately you will have to wait for the new stuff to arrive.

Or you could take it to the LFS and ask to exchange for the right stuff.
Tell them you got it as a gift and that's why you have no receipt.........they might buy it.

gfink said:
Yeah, contact the shipper. They should send you new stuff and a sticker to return the wrong item at no cost to you including all of the shipping charges. Unfortunately you will have to wait for the new stuff to arrive.

that is assuming Japola ordered Eco Complete, and they just shipped the wrong stuff. If the invoice was for cichlid sand, Japola will be stuck paying shipping back, and shipping on the correct stuff, unless the vendor is REALLY sympathetic.

I ordered from dr foster and smith. They have a pretty simple return form with a sticker and everything. The reciept says Eco-complete Plant Substrate so it shouldnt be too hard to get a exchange...just a little fustrating. Hopefully i wont have to pay for shipping the stuff back to me.

Yup, if your invoice says that, they are completely in the wrong and you should have to pay for nothing. I'd call them up (if they have a number) and see if you can get it shipped faster (overnight, 2-day, etc). Give some sob story about how this was to be setup yesterday, see if they bite. Depending on the cost of the product and shipping they might very well just say keep the cichlid bag as its more of a headache to send it back than just take it as a loss.

7Enigma
I took your advice and called them, they are shipping two bags out of plant substrate no charge, and i get to keep the sand...However i don't have use for it. Well if i ever have chiclids and need a pH buffer (very doubtful water in colorado is as hard as it gets pretty much). Well maybe after the planted tank i will work on a chiclid tank haha my parents would go crazy if they heard that!

wow thats cool that you can keep the chiclid sand, i would sell it make some cash for the new fish you want and i like buying from them becaue my stuff always comes in 2 days after i pay online

nitrous said:
wow thats cool that you can keep the chiclid sand, i would sell it make some cash for the new fish you want and i like buying from them becaue my stuff always comes in 2 days after i pay online

not to mention they charge by price and not weight. It only cost 12 bucks to ship the 60lbs of substrate and a new stand for my 55gal. Normally that would cost a lot more to ship

Since your LFS probably charges too much for ECo Complete (i know mine do) you should be able to turn those two bags of ciclid sand into some decent credit at a local store. Especially if you have a store that sell a lot of ciclids, or even carries that exact product for sale.

Back
Top Bottom