GSP Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

workfortheman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi fishfans, I am about to start cycling (fishless) my 20 gal. long for my GSP. I will be slowly making it brackish for his better developement.

I am planning on planting with java fern, moss, anubias sp., and maybe sag. or valis. I know these will survive up to 1.005 sg, but will they live in conditions that will be most beneficial to the GSP?

Also, I am thinking of adding some BBGobies to the tank to spice it up. Will they do alright in a 20 gal. long with plenty of shelter with my moody GSP? Or how 'bout knight gobies?

Eventually the GSP will probably go into a much larger tank (55g prob.) when he has grown significantly.

Also check out my aquascaping in the picture. With this setup I would attach plants to wood & fake mangrove root on either side, leaving center open for swimming. I have thought about building up the gravel to just one side of the aquarium, leaving the other side open to heavy planting.

Thanks!

Lance~
GreenSpottedPuffer (aka Tetraodon Nigroviridus)
does fine in freshwater when young but matures preferrably in brackish conditions.

You need to start off that puffer in BW. Unfortunately, plants will not make it in BW. In a tank that small, tank mates will be eaten.

Back
Top Bottom