Hair Algae and

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shrimpandram

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys!
So I currently have hair algae on my rocks, plants and woods. I heard that you can remove them by lowering the c02 and have less light time. The problem is I dont want to killy my dwarf baby tears. I want my baby tears to grow strongely and spread thoughtout my tank.
So my question is how do I remove hair algae but keep my dwaf baby tears strong and grow out?

Can you giver us more details on lights, light period, co2 equipment and ferts dosing? As well as any water readings?

Off the cuff, I'd lower light period.

Can you giver us more details on lights, light period, co2 equipment and ferts dosing? As well as any water readings?

Off the cuff, I'd lower light period.

I am currently using usa satellite led for my light and it runs about 7 or 8 hours.
For co2, I use fluval co2 44 and I turn it on about 1 1/2 bubbles for per second.
I use ADA soil

Ph- 7.0
No2-0
No3-0
Ammonia- 0

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've read that Amano shrimp eat hair algae, too. I've never kept them, though, so can't attest to that.

I have red cherry shrimps and otos

I am currently using usa satellite led for my light and it runs about 7 or 8 hours.
For co2, I use fluval co2 44 and I turn it on about 1 1/2 bubbles for per second.
I use ADA soil

Ph- 7.0
No2-0
No3-0
Ammonia- 0

Looks like you need some macro fertilisers. It's not unusual to have no nitrates in a planted tank that runs co2 and intense lighting. You need to added potassium phosphate and potassium nitrate.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom