Halfmoon 7-8g lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tcal01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Recently bought a 7-8g halfmoon tank at a society meeting. Its dimensions are 13.75in wide, 14in tall and 8in at the apex of the curve of the glass. What IM wondering though is what lights i should get for it. I don't really care what type of lights. I just want the tank to be med-high light and for the lights not to break the bank. Any suggestions? I have been looking at some fluval lights

Mumma.of.two said:
For a tank that size you could put just a desk lamp with a cfl over it and call it a day.

Do you mean just switch out the original bulb with a cfl bulb? What level of lighting would this be considered? I found a 12" led 16 w fixture for $60 online. Is this a good deal?

Tcal01 said:
Could i put more than one perch light on the tank

There's no need to. Any more than one light fixture over an 8 gallon tank could only mean that the first fixture wasn't the right one to begin with. A single fixture is all it needs.

CorallineAlgae said:
There's no need to. Any more than one light fixture over an 8 gallon tank could only mean that the first fixture wasn't the right one to begin with. A single fixture is all it needs.

What do you mean by wasn't the right one to begin with? What about the 16w fixture i mentioned?

Tcal01 said:
What do you mean by wasn't the right one to begin with? What about the 16w fixture i mentioned?

I'd need a link to give you an opinion on the LEDs. It might be fine. I can't even guess unless I can see the specs on the fixture.

CorallineAlgae said:
I'd need a link to give you an opinion on the LEDs. It might be fine. I can't even guess unless I can see the specs on the fixture.

9KumjiQLk7cmjAg&sqi=2&ved=0CCgQsAQ

*edit. I don't know how to put the link on here. Just Google 16 Watt led aquarium light. It should be the today one at petmountain.com

Tcal01 said:
9KumjiQLk7cmjAg&sqi=2&ved=0CCgQsAQ

*edit. I don't know how to put the link on here. Just Google 16 Watt led aquarium light. It should be the today one at petmountain.com

So is this light suitable for plants because if no then i don't want to waste $60 on it

Back
Top Bottom