Happy Thanksgiving,..+ a tank shot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well that just sealed the deal... TOTM!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That is madness!
Okay, we are going to play a game of "What do you call that plant?" Really not a game, just curious of what you've got in there. So, please fill in the plant names for the letters below (A-R) and add any I've missed (like growing below M). It is one thing to see plants in a catalog; seeing them in someone's tank helps put things in perspective. Here you go:
IccmMNF.png

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That is madness!
Okay, we are going to play a game of "What do you call that plant?" Really not a game, just curious of what you've got in there. So, please fill in the plant names for the letters below (A-R) and add any I've missed (like growing below M). It is one thing to see plants in a catalog; seeing them in someone's tank helps put things in perspective. Here you go:
IccmMNF.png

Holy alphabet batman, ..Ok..it will take a few minutes. I will do a little googling to get the spelling right...

A-Hygrophila pinnatifida
B-Proserpinaca palustris
C-true Rotala indica
D-ludwigia sp red
E-Rotala rotundifolia
F-Java Fern
G-Not Sure,..didn't have a label..
H-Rotala wallichii
I-Rotala macrandra
J-Blyxa japonica
K-Staurogyne repens
L-Eleocharis Acicularis
M-Rotala colorata
N-Another ??...
O-Limnophila aromatic
P-Pennywart
Q-Hygrophila sp. 'Bold'
R-Rotala Green

Ok..hope its spelled right...

Tracking

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1418131589457.jpg
    1418131589457.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 79
Nice ��. I'd love to have my tank look like your's one day. Mine is a huge work in progress with a big shopping list. Where did you get your true Rotala indica from?

Thanks for the complment,..I acquired the R. indica from a Forum member on here,...

That is amazing! Beautiful.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thank you,..its still evolving..Its kinda hard with such a large tank. I probably have to many different type of plants..but I like the diversity. I think the 75 is my limit. I really don't see myself ever wanting anything bigger...

With a tank that size you can afford the space for diversity and elbow room to grow things out. Try that with a 20g long :( Decent foot print for the volume but there's only so much that fits into a 30"x12" space.
Uh-oh...that limno looks like a freaking palm tree in YOUR tank. It's gorgeous though.

With a tank that size you can afford the space for diversity and elbow room to grow things out. Try that with a 20g long :( Decent foot print for the volume but there's only so much that fits into a 30"x12" space.
Uh-oh...that limno looks like a freaking palm tree in YOUR tank. It's gorgeous though.

Thanks bud,..the limno does get pretty darn big..some of the older stalks are the size of a finger...
I wouldn't mind having a second small tank to do some aquascaping in,..the equipment needed would be a lot cheaper..I wouldn't mind a small shrimp tank...

Thanks bud,..the limno does get pretty darn big..some of the older stalks are the size of a finger...
I wouldn't mind having a second small tank to do some aquascaping in,..the equipment needed would be a lot cheaper..I wouldn't mind a small shrimp tank...

A small (5-20g) low light shrimp tank will allow for some nice hardscape, low maintenance plants, and little algae. I have one and I only add root tablets and feed the shrimp. Mostly crypts and moss, I've added lemon Bacopa, Ammania bonsai, water lettuce, and star repens to liven it up. It houses RCS and MTS.

A small (5-20g) low light shrimp tank will allow for some nice hardscape, low maintenance plants, and little algae. I have one and I only add root tablets and feed the shrimp. Mostly crypts and moss, I've added lemon Bacopa, Ammania bonsai, water lettuce, and star repens to liven it up. It houses RCS and MTS.

Mexican Dwarf Orange Crayfish could be another option. They are very cool! I had one a while back. Here was mine a couple months before he died: ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419880362.900195.jpg

Crayfish would be pretty cool. What kind of water params do the need in comparison to shrimp...?

These crayfish would do well in water parameters that suit shrimp. They are peaceful too, so they could be in a community with shrimp. By the way, do you find that your Rotala macrandra is hard to care for? I like its red coloration, and I think a plant like that would make a nice focal point in my Asian tank.

Back
Top Bottom