Hard?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Metalheadx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey! One of my tanks is a 20 gallon extra high with two figure 8 puffers and I'm on the debate to to do live plants but not sure how hard it is to keep up on them and were to start .... I know I have a good light to use , it's a power-glo . Any in site on this would be great! Thanks!!

Plants are not 'hard' to grow in an aquarium IF you have the right equipment. What kinds of plants are you wanting to grow? And what exactly is your light (ex: t5, T5HO, t8, metal halide...)

fishfanatic said:
Plants are not 'hard' to grow in an aquarium IF you have the right equipment. What kinds of plants are you wanting to grow? And what exactly is your light (ex: t5, T5HO, t8, metal halide...)

I know I would want grass type and just a couple plants that grow high cause it's an extra high tank ... Sorry not real great with plant names ...any suggestions? And I would love plants that I could just run just my filter , light etc. And as the light goes it's a 18" t8 power-glo

a T8 isn't really that powerful of a light, especially in a taller tank. How tall is the tank exactly? You could probably get away with some basic stuff like valisnera, anacharis, hornwort, cabomba, and possibly swords. Amazon swords get huge, I have some that are around 2 feet tall and about 1ft wide.

jetajockey said:
a T8 isn't really that powerful of a light, especially in a taller tank. How tall is the tank exactly? You could probably get away with some basic stuff like valisnera, anacharis, hornwort, cabomba, and possibly swords. Amazon swords get huge, I have some that are around 2 feet tall and about 1ft wide.
the tank is a foot print of a ten gallon and is about 23.5 inches high so it's not super big or tall..... So I'll look in to the names of those plants..... thanks

This what the tank looks like right now ... See how empty it looks .... Since I had these plants first I looked for black pearl plants like these in 20 inch and couldn't find them anywhere .... So I figured live plants would be cool but not if I have to buy new light and stuff ... Oh well maybe one day when I get a new job .... And anyone know perhaps where I can get tall black pearl plants?! And thanks again guys for the advice!!!

Attachments

• image-4155825216.jpg
    image-4155825216.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 90
Back
Top Bottom