Have fern question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cauterox04

Aquarium Advice Activist
My mother part of the plant sprouted a new plant out if it like a branch it's about 3 inches how do I Replant a part of that plant somewhere else in my tank

My mother part of the plant sprouted a new plant out if it like a branch it's about 3 inches how do I Replant a part of that plant somewhere else in my tank

That's so funny because I just posted the same question earlier this morning! I'm not sure if you let them fall off the mother plant before replanting. Hoping someone has experience with this.

I was just scrolling down and just saw yours lol maybe someone will answer one of us lol

Replanting Ferns

Hello caut...

I wait until there are three to four new leaves growing off the back of the mother. I wait until I'm in the middle of a water change, when the water level is low to trim off the new plant and then just below the roots. I use long pieces of dark sewing thread to attach the new plant to lava rock and then drop the rock with the plant attached on top of the substrate. Very easy.

B

What can I tie it to I don't have an lava rock or anything

What can I tie it to I don't have an lava rock or anything

They really need something like driftwood or a rough surfaced rock to root onto. I only have one piece of driftwood that the mother plant is using, I also think the plantlets are too close to my lights, so I need to cut them soon!

Got a small piece of lava rock today, it's gonna be hard to tie the little plants on there. The plants are pretty small!

Back
Top Bottom