Having plant issues help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jsarita68

Aquarium Advice Regular
What does it mean when water sprite leaves start to curl under and have brown tips? It is putting up new shoots but they don't grow very tall before they start to turn brown and melt away. I have been dosing my 10 gallon quarentine tank where the plants were held for 5 to 6 weeks with .50 ml of Flourish weekly after my 25% to 30% water changes. I was doing a fish less cycle in the tank and after getting it cycled dosing it up to 1ppm of ammonia every night to feed the bacteria. I had an aqua beam 500 LED light 4 or 5 inches above the tank running for 7hrs. I also had anubias and drarf sag. and waterlettuce in the tank too. The anubias is doing very well and the dwarf sag is also putting up new shoots but not growing very tall. Its only about 1 1/2 inches. The water lettuce seems do be doing fine. I had Java moss in the tank too but it turned brown and basically died. Yesterday I removed all the plants and put them in my 13 gallon display tank with the same lighting. I have dosed the 13 gallon with .60 ml of Flourish. I fear the water sprite and dwarf sag may not do well in this tank too. Help?

Display Tank Info: 9/6/15
13 gallon widescreen not coved tank
Quietflow 10 filter
Sand and gravel substrate
One large piece of driftwood purchased from LFS It came out of their tank.
Plants- Dwarf sag., anubias, waterlettuce and water sprite
Heater
Tank temp 78
1 Nerite Snail
8.2 PH, 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrites, 5 Nitrates

Is water sprite a high light plant??? Seems like a lot of light

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Seemed like you have a marline led on a plant tank.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No it is a Freshwater White Hight Output LED with 12 watts input and 11 watts output, 6500k, Samsung LED emitters. I did a lot of research before choosing this light as the ones that came with my tank were way too low. If indeed the light is too strong for my low light plants how many hrs should I have it on per day?
Eeekkk I just went on aquarium-digest.com where I found the info on the light. Apparently it has been taken off the market. I will be contacting the company I got it from to find out why.

So the company I bought the lights from said that the rights to the light were purchased by someone not in the aquarium hobby and they were not going to be getting anymore. I also contacted TMC Aquaray so we will see what they say as well.

Back
Top Bottom