HC on driftwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JackBlasto

Aquarium Advice Freak
Will dwarf baby tears ever root onto driftwood? Just curious if all my attempts were in vain or if I should keep trying?

It would probably have to be grown in to a thick mat first, then tied on. I can't see it growing and attaching itself. You'd be better off just using moss.

Yeah, that's what I was going to try next. I"ve had it on mats and tied them down but the mats slowly disintegrate and the HC has never successfully moved onto the driftwood before it looks real messy and starts floating off.

I guess I'm gonna try java moss next. Do you think if I grow java moss on the driftwood it will slowly overtake the tank OFF of the driftwood... meaning start carpeting and cover the floor? I guess I'm probably over thinking the growing potential. I just wanted to keep the moss on the driftwood as I have HC on the floor and didn't want any weird competition of carpeting plants.

Yeah, that's what I was going to try next. I"ve had it on mats and tied them down but the mats slowly disintegrate and the HC has never successfully moved onto the driftwood before it looks real messy and starts floating off.

I guess I'm gonna try java moss next. Do you think if I grow java moss on the driftwood it will slowly overtake the tank OFF of the driftwood... meaning start carpeting and cover the floor? I guess I'm probably over thinking the growing potential. I just wanted to keep the moss on the driftwood as I have HC on the floor and didn't want any weird competition of carpeting plants.

From what I've heard, java moss is more invasive, and grows randomly, but you could try christmas moss, which is less invasive, grows slower, and is less messy. (y)

Back
Top Bottom