hehe laziness or good idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman888888

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have aquaclear 110s on my 125gal. The flow is so strong it restricted where i could plant, some plants would get pushed and blown all over the place with water fall produced by the filters...

Ive been reading all these DIY ideas to dampen the flow, but honestly they look either tacky or not very reliable... so i had a thought

I placed a plastic breeder bin below the filter, the water falls into it and rushes out the sides...
No more waterfall effect, no more restrictions :D

Its working amazingly right now

Genius? Lol

Even with the adjustable flow it's to strong? Hey whatever works for you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Unfortunately yes...
My stem plants and vals get blown sideways, even when its at the weakest flow, looks horrible. Cant be good for the plants either

Im pretty stoked to see if this holds up. It looks decent and works well so far. We shall see

Yea its pretty much full to the top.

Have you ever used that filter?

The breeder boxes are working well, so im content :)

Hmm. Might have to copy that. We have the same filter and the same problem. Currently only have anubias on that side of the tank now

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Happy to say theyve been hanging up for 2 1/2 days and havent budged. The suction cups are strong enough to hold it in place... plants are doing great too. I placed it half an inch below the surface so as to not interfere with the surface agitation.... ill keep you updated :)

Did you attach it to the filter somehow, or just set it in the bottom of the tank. Post a pic if you would.

Did you attach it to the filter somehow, or just set it in the bottom of the tank. Post a pic if you would.

Its near the surface, suctioned to the glass, place directly below the "waterfall" outflow of the aquaclear. I placed it 1 inch below fhe surface to allow for the same aeration, the bin "catches" the waterfall and sends the water rushing out the sides...

Im curious to see how it will distribute the diffused co2 now. Time will tell.

Pictures as requested :)

Attachments

• CAM00642.jpg
    CAM00642.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 45
  • CAM00643.jpg
    CAM00643.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 55
Yeah I have noticed on my new 110 that the 1. the single waterfall design does dump a lot of water in the tank and it has a lot of power/inertia and goes deep into the tank and 2. the adjustable flow doesn't do much, maybe cuts it to like 85% flow.

I have a 30" deep tank so it isn't an issue, how did you attach the boxes?

Back
Top Bottom