Hello...my ten gallon planted....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarisaB

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys.

This is my planted ten gallon tank.....it's like five or six years old. Currently only houses a SAE and four Amano shrimp, but used to have a school of ten neon tetras....

Java moss...anubis....chain sword....vals....I let the vals go insane. i like it. i dont fertilize, or anything...low maintanence tank for sure. thanks for looking

2000579592240815696_rs.jpg

2000527918024359274_rs.jpg

Very very nice, my vals do that too! I bet the tetras looked great when they were in there. Some bright cardinals would pop in that tank.

I really like the tank. I'm a big fan of plants on top of the water-I think it looks great and the fish seem to really like it too.

Very nice!

Great job. I love the colour of the driftwood. Its almost the same as your gravel. Really makes the plants stand out, but draws your eyes around the tank nicely. Sort of like what a good painting would do. Nice job!

While your plant choices make it very apparent that this isn't a large aquarium, you've arranged them beautifully. There's a lovely sense of movement in the tank, and the colors and textures really help bring out the beauty of the scape.

If you ever decide to find a new home for the fish in that aquarium, it would be perfect for breeding Cherry Red Shrimp. :wink:

Thanks for all the comments everyone!

I did used to have the neons, but gave those to a buddy. For a year I had a school of 6 Cardinals as well (like someone mentioned) but I felt like they needed a larger school and possibly a larger tank, they seemed quite larger than my neons ever got although they looked fabulous in this tank. So now its just Amanos and my SAE "Sparky"

What's insane is that at this point (and many times over the years before trimming) is that the vals actually get 5 feet long IN THIS TANK! They curl and curl and eventually I cannot get my hand past them to the bottom of the tank and that's when they get a trimming.

I did have co2 hooked up for like a month or something but never used it again for whatever reason. That was years ago though and the tank doesn't seem to need it.

Thanks for the compliments. This ten gallon has been fun, but eventually I'd like to try my hand at a larger tank although I'll always go the low maintenence way.

My light is just a regular tube light for the past three years. Its not many watts per gallon. But during the first two years I also use two compact flourecants (spelling) as well as the regular tube light.

I know the tubes supposedly lose some effectiveness after 6 months or something but I haven't changed this one in five years LMAO!

Back
Top Bottom