Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
Im sure you read about my new aquarium and all the goodies it came with. I have no idea where to go from here.

This is what I have (plant growing wise)-

250 watt light with ballast
Eco Complete Planted Aquarium Substrate (which was previously used.. er, the tank was up and running up until the owenr broke it down so the sand/gravel went into buckets for me to use)
I have a CO2 canister and the thing it hookes up to
and I have a bunch of plant growing chemicals

Can comeone point me in the direction of what to do now?
Do I go buy plants and plant them (after doing research of what I want) or.......?

Yes, go buy plants after researching what you want. The first considerations is getting plants to match how much light you have. Other (perhaps less important) considerations are your water hardness and PH. You will want to buy them all at once, as opposed to one at a time. If you have light and fertilizers you will either have lots of plants or lots of algae. Good Luck!

PS, I'm jealous!

Ditto...and get ready to trim, because with that set-up you just snagged, those plants are going to explode out of your tank in a few weeks!

Toirtis said:
Ditto...and get ready to trim, because with that set-up you just snagged, those plants are going to explode out of your tank in a few weeks!

No worries there, you can always sell the trimmings on eBay. Most plant auctions get plenty of bids.

Sounds like a GREAT equipment setup.... yup, make sure you HEAVILY plant that tank, and try to post a pic!!!

Even tho my C02 ran out, my plants are doing wonderfully. Ill prolly get more soon and ill definatly post some pix once its beautiful =o)

Back
Top Bottom