Help! Algae and ferts and levels!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puddle

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am currently struggling with a hair algae problem - my PO4 was 0.25 to 0.5 and nitrates 10-20 ish. I have been using Nutrition + liquid from tropica for at least 6 months with no probs until now. My plants are also looking yellow/light and have seemed to stop growing? Anybody have any suggestions? I have a 180L tank with a few fish and I think enough plants, not rammed but full! Thanks

How many watts of lighting and what type of lighting (Normal output floros, Compact Floros, etc)?

I have a juwel multilix system with warm light and bright day lite tubes, both 30W.

Sounds like your not getting enough potassium, though I'm surprised that you are using Tropica and still getting hair algae. What is your current dosing regimen?

I use 2X 5ml twice a week and about 7ml once a week on 3 separate doses. Went well on that for about 6 months, then got algae and tried reducing dose to 10ml/week which seemed to make it worse... I use the one with N and P, as I have few fish. I started using this as I got some cyano cos my N levels were very low and it really helped. The only other thing - the bottle is almost at its end - does this stuff go off?!!! Thought perhaps it was just old...
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom