help! aqua scaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aldersweaty

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all this is a community tank family owned so I have little say on stock and I know I am overstocked but I do my best with them anyway I need some aquascaping ideas (rock placement plant etc.) Just throw your ideas thanks guys and gals in the middle of a water change :p

ForumRunner_20130212_190616.jpg

LOL fill it up first of all :) I know, I know, you said in the middle of water change... :)

While you have some healthy looking plants in the tank, what I would recommend is to try to reduce the symmetry in the tank. Move the large plant to one side, and make sure the rocks aren't arranged in a symmetrical patterns. Triangular shapes and following the rule of thirds usually results in an aquascape that is most pleasing to the eye.

However, the most important thing is what do YOU like? You have to look at it every day, so if you are happy with how it looks, then that is all that matters! :)

Thanks for the input! ... And thanks about my plants, they look much better than before to tell you the truth!

I've been reading about using triangles, horizontal lines and all but unfortunately I don't think I got it down just yet :/ lol

I would appreciate any suggestions on plant placement, rocks, driftwood .. open to all ideas :)

What I did with my tank is just put things where they looked the most natural.....most of the hardscape is staying put now, and I just added my last piece of driftwood. I've already moved some of the plants around because I decided they would look better somewhere else lol.....but do what feels right for the flow of the tank, rule of thirds and all that. Most def make sure you wanna stare at it though!

Attachments

• image-2607841467.jpg
    image-2607841467.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 114
ohhh awesome tank FishingMouse! Thats 10 gallon right? bet you can't wait for those plants to fill in! :D

I think I'll move the sword to the left back corner (thanks fort) and maybe put the red tiger lotus somewhere off set in the middle back area and disperse the rocks in between everything how's that sound?

Thank you very much! I definitely can't wait. What you can also do is have a basic formation that you build everything else around. My rocks never really moved, but the driftwood and plants got shifted several times before I was happy, and a couple plants might still be shifted around, but for now I'm happy with it :3

Welcome :)... I took both your's and fort's advice and put the sword on the left back corner and built around there but left the red plants and crypts to the right ...here's what I came up with

ForumRunner_20130218_152415.jpg

ForumRunner_20130218_152402.jpg

ForumRunner_20130218_152344.jpg

What do y'all think?

Thanks! I thought something was wrong with ur name for a moment! hahaha

If I could add anything I think some black airline tubing would really help I really dislike the transparent/white unnatural airline at the moment but other then that just can't wait for the plants to grow in :)

Thanks River most of my knowledge on planted aquariums came from a lot of your posts so it's a honor :)

For the most part thanks to this website!

Back
Top Bottom