Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-26-2020, 01:59 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Help for my anubias, please

Hi. My anubias donít feel well 😭 Theyíve been this way for months and I donít know what Iím doing wrong or if they lack some nutrients. I make sure their rhizomes are well above the gravel. The tank has been running for over 9 months. Itís a Fluval Spec 5 gallon, and I use the light ramp that came with it.
The water tests say everything is okay.
I dose once a week with Tropica Premium Fertilizer.
I now look to you more experienced in the hobby than I am and hope you know whatís up🙏
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FFF44CC3-37A8-40A0-9924-C7907AD9EB85.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	246.5 KB
ID:	316806  

Old 05-26-2020, 06:40 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

In the first pic there looks to be healthy growth behind the sad plant??

Old 05-26-2020, 06:42 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

That’s my Bacopa Monnieri in the background that’s doing excellent
Old 05-31-2020, 01:08 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

I see definite signs of magnesium deficiency. If your tank is understocked, it's also likely that there's a macronutrient deficiency (nitrogen, phosphorus). From what I read online the fertilizer you use doesn't have any macros in it so it's possible there's some kind of imbalance there. It might be a good idea to stop dosing ferts altogether for a period of time and see how the plants respond. You'll have a clearer picture of what's going on and if the plants show any signs of unhappiness it will be easier to know which nutrients to give them and start the fertilizing regime from scratch. But I'm no expert, so take my advice with a pinch of salt & maybe someone will come along with more experience than me.
Water quality tests won't really tell you much in the case of aquatic plants, they're more important for the animals. What plants need is a good balance (and amount) of macro- and micronutrients in the water. Things like nitrates, nitrites and ammonia are only harmful to animals, but for plants they're a source of food.

Tags
anubias

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com