Help. I kill everything!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marble128

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Help. I kill everything. I have killed wisteria, money wart, and a banana plant. I currently have a few stands of wisteria and money wart left. Bought a new banana plant, cryptocoryne sp. and some java fern, that I would like to keep alive.

Have 5 glofish, 1 flying fox and 4 Armani shrimp. 20 gallon tank. Dose once a week with flourish excel.

Water changes every 2 weeks. Have a fluval fresh and plant 2.0 light 7500k. Two 5hr cycles a day. Temp 78F, pH 7.2, alkalinity 80ppm and hardness 150ppm.

First pic is when I first planted everything. The other pics are 5months later.

You need to be dosing,
flourish
Flourish excel
Flourish trace
Flourish iron
To recommended on the bottle.

Do u get much algae with your lighting duration? If so drop it to 4 hours per period.

From the info given I'd say your plants are running out of nutrients and dying slowly. Excel is only liquid carbon. It increases plant uptake of nutrients but isn't a nutrient itself (well kind of is but isn't). So basically your giving your plants a boost to uptake nutrients that arnt available causing them to die of starvation.

Hope I've helped [emoji106]

Thanks. I will give it a try and hope for the best. Willing to try anything that won't kill the fish. Well any of theses products cause a spike in my water parameters that I should watch for?

Thanks. I will give it a try and hope for the best. Willing to try anything that won't kill the fish. Well any of theses products cause a spike in my water parameters that I should watch for?

Nope should be fine. The seachem products are pretty small in terms of dosing so are safe to pretty high levels.

U may see a rise in nitrate but I would imagine it would be minimal. Also ideally u should do 50% weekly water changes if possible

Back
Top Bottom