Help identify a bottom plant!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spittinfly

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, I am going to use HiJaC's picture here. Sorry if I am over stepping but I like the plant so much and it is the only photo I can find.

What are the little stem plants on the bottom with the single leaf on top?

And if a plant says low light does it mean that it only needs a little light or that if it gets a lot of light that will kill it?

And and, would my Pleco eat the plant?

And and and, would a small plant like that need any ferts or co2 or any other special care?

Attachments

• hijac_764.jpg
    hijac_764.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 190
Hi,

Sorry for not answring before.

If you mean the ones at the front they are dwarf clover with hydrocotyle mixed in a bit. I'll post some bigger piccys tomorrow.

There is a bit of BBA on them too.

If you scan back a bunch of pages on this forum you will find a thread where im asking about HC as a foreground plant. Thats where Purrbox pointed me towards the dwarf clovers.

I got two types which are just growning in now.

Best Regards.

John

Thanks John. No problem I know things get lost on these threads and it's better to come right out and ask your questions directly to get the best response. I'll try to find your old post and check it out.

How crazy do they grow? Is it going to take over my tank?

p.s. Thanks for letting me use your pic :)

Hi,

As purrbox informed me they are slow growing so wont need much trimming weekly to keep in check.

So far mine is about 2 months in the tank and slowly building up.

But i'm fighting a BBA outbreak so its not all looking the best.

It works well in 2wpg and with my CO2.

John

Marselea... is it minuta? Looks it...there are a few, look similar, size changes. I have minuta and quadrifolia in my tanks

You won't have to worry about it taking over your tank, grows somewhere in speed between a glacier and a glacier :) in taking over a tank.

Back
Top Bottom