Help identify this growth.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schodge2000

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 29g planted freshwater with some java fern and few cheap bulb plants from Walmart. Very slow growing for a year or so then I added better lighting but instead of plants taking off the algea did... Lol. (Not worried about green algea). The problem is all my plants started growing this weird white hair looking stuff all over them. I cut most all leaves out that had it, did a thorough tank cleaning and most is gone now. I have a couple leaves with growth on them and one growth on my algea covered rock.

Can anyone tell me what it is?

uploadfromtaptalk1427908775827.jpguploadfromtaptalk1427908789568.jpg

Sent from gs5(vzw) through tapatalk

It's hair algae..you've go an imbalance within your tank..What's your photo-period&what ferts are you using?

Thanks for help identify it tiger terror! The lights on 12hrs and I dont put anything in the tank other then start zyme with water changes. It's a very neglected tank. It was in a bedroom but just moved it to the livingroom so I can take better care of it.

Thanks for help identify it tiger terror! The lights on 12hrs and I dont put anything in the tank other then start zyme with water changes. It's a very neglected tank. It was in a bedroom but just moved it to the livingroom so I can take better care of it.

Lights should be on max 8 hours a day.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

8hrs? Oh... Lol... I've had aquariums for 10+ years but am a newb when it comes to planted tanks. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom