Help me design my 65g hex

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ktomminello

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm 90% sure I want angels, considering it's tall and the set up is pretty much made for an angel display, plus I've already used it to grow out an oscar so it has Amazon plants floating ? around in it already.

It has the perfect sun exposure and I have managed to grow submerged, emersed and floating. This tank has been running for a year and a half and was held hostage by a juvenile oscar shortly after cycling to grow him out for the big boy 150g. I am soon to begin the planting process again, only this time I have more time as my work season is done and my resources are a little bit better.... So I'm taking suggestions on everything. Light is mostly from the sun 6 hours a day, supplemented by a clamp light using fluorescent bulb, I'm taking suggestions on a replacement on that as well, for 10 hours.
I have 1 rosette sword, 1 anubias nana, a few Malaysian red daughter plants and some java moss left.
I'm looking at angels, but pearl gourami have also caught my eye. I'm taking any and all suggestions from best filters to substrates to plants to fertilizers to all level swimmers. I have a decent knowledge of the chemistry behind planted tanks so feel free to throw chemical properties needed for plant species at me. Really look forward to hearing ideas! Thanks in advance

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nobody has any idea of what their own 65g planted dream tank?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom