Help me go high tech!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pezzep

Aquarium Advice Freak
I plan on getting a 75 within 3 months I plan on getting:

Build my LED dutch 6300k high light fixture

x2 Eheim 2215 canister filters

300w inline heater anyone know any good brands? Also should I put one on each filter or is one enough. Should it be put on the intake line or outtake, or does it not matter?

What I mainly need help on is finding out what CO2 system to get I have never used CO2 before and have no clue as to what I need for it other then a bubble counter and a diffuser. What kind of diffuser is best to use and any recommendations on what to get for a bubble tester? Pretty much any and all info on CO2 is appreciated.

My stocking list I have in mind so far is:
1 Pleco, thinking green phantom, trying to find one that will match with the Emeralds and Altums
5 Altum angelfish
8 Emerald Brochis
And then some sort of schooling fish, thinking 10 Rummynose Tetras which would have me at 103% according to aqadvisor. If you guys see anything wrong with this list or have recommendations please let me know I have lots of time for this tank and want all the recommendations I can get about anything.
EDIT: Another question, what order should I add my stock as well?
Thanks!:fish2:

Eheim Jager for the heating, can't help you with CO2 sorry. Can I ask what you'll be using for substrate for planted?

Eheim Jager for the heating, can't help you with CO2 sorry. Can I ask what you'll be using for substrate for planted?

Uncertain on that yet, might do dirted with Eco complete cap or I might do full Eco complete. I don't know what I want to do for an aquascape yet either and whenever I see people use dirt they dont really bank it up high and all that fun stuff when aquascaping they just do a flat 2-3 inch of dirt, is there a reason for this? Any recommendations on dirt that is safe to use?
EDIT: also, does eheim even make inline heaters? I don't remember seeing any.

Also heard kitty litter is possible to us? If so it seems way cheaper than Eco complete if I go that route. Seen, what I think is safe, kitty litter in Walmart today said all natural clay kitty litter made by special kitty, anyone heard of this brand or tried it with others? Thanks

Hydor makes good inline heaters. For CO2, I'd go Aquatek premium which has an adjustable PSI. Since you're going inline on the heater, might as well go inline for the diffuser as well. GLA has a good inline atomic diffuser. For substrate, I like the fine grade eco complete. Banking up the substrate to create slopes adds more dimension to your aquascape... definitely go with that. Great choice on the BML lighting too! Can't wait to see the build! :)

One suggestion- Maybe cut down the Angels to three. It will give you the opportunity to add more schooling fish. I think 5 angels in a 75 might be pushing it.

Yeah, hydor are the ones I've been looking at. They seem like the way to go. Didn't even know you could do an inline diffuser I'll defiantly look in to it, thanks for giving me some brands to look at! I'm thinking eco complete as well, definitely the fine grade.

I feel if I cut down on the angels the tank just wouldn't look as alive. Maybe 4, still not sure if I'm going to do the pleco either. I've always wanted one but never had a big tank for it...but I dunno if one will suit this tank/look right with the stock or aquascape I plan. What schooling fish do you have in mind? I can only think of rummynoses or harlequin rasboras, something 1-2 inches with red in it.

Yeah, hydor are the ones I've been looking at. They seem like the way to go. Didn't even know you could do an inline diffuser I'll defiantly look in to it, thanks for giving me some brands to look at! I'm thinking eco complete as we, definitely the fine grade. I feel if I cut down on the angels the tank just wouldn't look as alive. Maybe 4' still not sure if I'm going to do the pleco either. I've always wanted one but never had a big tank for it...but I dunno if one will suit this tank/look right with the stock or aquascape I plan. What schooling fish do you have in mind? I can only think of rummynoses or harlequin rasboras, something 1-2 inches with red in it.

Rummies are always good. A big school of cardinals or neons looks awesome, too. I'm my saying a particular species really, maybe up the school to 20 or so. Altum Angels are awesome.

I'd go with GLA for your full co2 system to be honest. The price is definitely higher, but if you can afford it I think it's worth it. I worked with Orlando there recently and he took the time to completely explain the systems to me, helped me pick out the perfect full system for my needs, and said he would work with me to get it set up when I do that this weekend.

For me, the customer service sold me, but the hardware is great as well.

I agree.. GLA all the way is definitely a nice upgrade if it's within budget. Otherwise, I have no problem with Aquatek or Milwaukee for a quality to value ratio standpoint.

Yeah Altums are my favourite angelfish I've been wanting them ever since I seen them, just beautiful fish.

GLA definitely isn't in my price range after I purchase all the other equipment aha. Going to look into the aquatek premium and UP aqua, try and find some reviews and make a decision. Where can I get the CO2 tanks? And how big of a tank would I want?

Where can I get the CO2 tanks? And how big of a tank would I want?

You should check around locally to see where you'd get the refills... sometimes these places have a trade-in program where you drop off an empty cylinder and walk out with a filled one that's not your original cylinder. But if it's a place that refills your existing one and that's what you walk out with, I'm sure you can buy them online. There's some on Amazon. I'd get a 10 pound tank or larger (depending on your avail. space).

Just bought the premium aquatek regulator, figured I could start buying things now that don't need to be changed based on tank size just incase I end up getting a slightly larger tank. going to order dry ferts soon too to mix my own pps-pro, the online site I'm getting it from requires photo ID to get the KN03, is this normal?

Back
Top Bottom