Help me please Discus planted tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CardinalDiscus

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys I currently have a medium planted 75-gallon tank with 90 guppies and 26 babies and 4 otocinclus that have been cycling the tank for 3 months I'm ready to start getting some fish. I have 2 fx6's but one is a backup and two 300 watt inline heaters one is also a backup. My aquascape is seiryen stone and manzanita wood thick long windy pieces if you know MD fish tanks it looks just like his tank. So my plans on fish are 5-6 discus 20 cardinals, 20 rummy nose tetras, 10 albino Cory cats, 4 otosinclise, and 2 GBR's. I am planning on doing 3 40% water changes a week. I know I have very good filtration so im not to worried.
My water parameters are 6.7 ph, Gh 12, Kh is 6. I have 0 ammonia 0 nitrite and 6 pp nitrate. I am planning on taking out 60 guppies and adding 5 discus.
Then I will wait 2 weeks and take 30 more guppies out and add 20 cardinals and 10 albino coryies. After 2 more weeks, I will take out all the guppies and add 20 rummy nose tetras. Then i will wait 1 month if everything goes well and get 2 GBR's. Oh btw I have an injected Co2 system. Lets me know your thoughts on my plan. I have had 20 years of experience and i have kept discus before so i know what i am doing. Also i will be upgrading the tank to a 120 gallon in a year.

Back
Top Bottom