Help! Money Wort lossing bottom leaves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

damman6

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My 2 week old money wort plant is growing tall fast but the bottom leaves are dieing! The lower leaves are turning brown every day. But the top keeps growing and is doing well.
Is this bad? Any Idea of how to help this plant?

Attachments

• Money wort 1.jpg
    Money wort 1.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 261
  • Money wort 2.jpg
    Money wort 2.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 183
Your plant is fine. Those are old leaves that's dying. Just take them off and it will still grow more leaves.

When I planted my moneywort, all of the leaves died. Then it stopped and looked nice and healthy. Then a month later they all started to melt and Rot. Dunno why. I hate moneywort.

+1 to what Daileene said

I like mine :/
Thanks for the good news!
I love this site always someone to post a well informed reply.

damman6 said:
I like mine :/
Thanks for the good news!
I love this site always someone to post a well informed reply.

Yeah it's a nice plant, not that I don't like yours lol. I just had an annoying experience with it.

If it continues to show dying leaves, it may eventually stop like mine did. Then start to get nice and pretty again :D

And also, i think they are still adjusting to your water parameters since they are just two weeks old. Some plants that's somewhat new in a tank takes time to adjust. They start melting but after a month, they are pretty well established and they will start getting healthy.

But yours looked healthy to me, so no worries.

Lots of plants are grown emersed and then have to transition once put in a submerged environment, which might be what you're seeing. Lower leaves falling off can also be a sign of deficiency (particularly nitrate) or insufficient light.

Back
Top Bottom