Help! Need Planting Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snajera7

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi Everyone

Well my dad just this last month, got a new 10 gallon tank with an Aqua Clear 30 filter. He cycled it and put regular blue rock substrate in it. After doing some research and seeing some vids on YouTube he really wants to put some live plants in it. I have some plants in my tank but I'm using plant substrate, an I don't know what types can live in regular rock gravel for his tank. He doesn't want to change it cuz he likes his blue kind lol. So do any of you know what types of live plants that can thrive in regular gravel?

You can grow any plants in plain gravel with the addition of root tabs for heavy root feeders and liquid or dry ferts in the water. What really matters is the lighting.

Mosses do well pretty much anywhere! I like the flame moss.. Java moss is good too, though it grows like a weed.

Basefrog said:
Mosses do well pretty much anywhere! I like the flame moss.. Java moss is good too, though it grows like a weed.

Oh ok, well thanks for the suggestions. I will tell him and we'll do some research and see what he likes better :)

Back
Top Bottom