Help please!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pandicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
All of my plants are turning brown! My dwarf hair grass and other plants don't look too hot. The swords and Anubis look OK, but not ideal. It has been around a week. I am using a aqueon florescent (17 watts). Do I need to replace the hood? I have a 45 gallon.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396298495.731732.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396298507.714151.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396298516.654447.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396298532.848007.jpg Buy new lights? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have root tabs under the sand, no flourish or anything though :/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's extremely low light. DHG is not easy to grow. Esp without high light and CO2.

You can grow Crypts, Java Fern and Anubias probably with your current light.

An upgrade would be good. But do your research. Throwing yourself into high light/high tech is a mistake unless you learn how.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you should get API leaf zone and flourish comprehensive OR get dry ferts.

More light of the right type, PWCs and the right ferts will help save some of your plants.

And you should get API leaf zone and flourish comprehensive OR get dry ferts.

More light of the right type, PWCs and the right ferts will help save some of your plants.

How should I get more light? Or should I just stick with java moss, java ferns, swords, and Anubis?

If you don't want to buy another fixture for now , just enjoy learning with the hardier plants. Once you have the $ and feel confident, then buy a better light and try some of the medium light plants.

DHG and High light plants need CO2 as well or you'll just grow algae.

Back
Top Bottom