Help quick!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman793

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just joined and i joined for a answer to this question guys. I just redid my 30 gallon aquarium. I put soil in it and got new plants. Everything was going fine until i noticed today that some plant's leaves are being eaten! I really want to find out quickly whats eating them so i can fix the problem.

The plants that are being eaten are ludwigia ovalis and some giant hygro. Nothing else has been touched but im worrying that whatever is eating my plants will go after my nesaea sp red next.
The fish in the tank are as follows:
3 angel fish
5 kribensis
5 neon tetras
5 black neon tetras
2 boesmani rainbowfish
1 unidentified rainbowfish
1 german blue ram
1 emerald green cory cat
1 bushynose plecostomus

I have had all of these fish for awhile and have never had this problem before. Please help!
Thank you
P.S I know the tank is overstocked but i do weekly 40% water changes and i have not had any issues so far.

Angels like to nibble plants especially if they aren't getting some veggie matter. I feed mine cooked, deshelled, and smushed peas about every three days along with their regular food. Rainbowfish are known to be plant nibblers so those would be my guesses.

Angels like to nibble plants especially if they aren't getting some veggie matter. I feed mine cooked, deshelled, and smushed peas about every three days along with their regular food. Rainbowfish are known to be plant nibblers so those would be my guesses.

Do you think that if i started feeding them vegetable matter they might stop eating the plants?

It definitely makes a difference with mine. If I slack off feeding veggies then the plant nibbling increases. And most all my fish love the cooked, deshelled, snushed peas.

Back
Top Bottom