help with amazon swords

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdud

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a pair of amazon swords that are growing but the new leaves look like they are already dying. Im using jungle root tabs and a life glo bulb. Any Help?

your going to have to give a little more info....

what kind of wattage do you have

how big is the tank

what are your water parameters

36 gallon and 20 watts with 6700 kelvin and as for the water parameters i will do that in a while. i know my ph is 7.5 i think

Ehhh well they were growing just fine, i just noticed that the new leaves are growing in and they just look transparent like if they're already dying.

because of your low wattage for your tank.....go to plantgeek.net and they show you what kind of plants will work with low light tanks

Well recommend on anything i will need? im using plain gravel and root tabs

if i were you i would upgrade your light to atleast 1.5 to 2 watts per gallon and you can grow a good amount of plants you would be aroung low/med to med lighting

What light would you recommend for me? and grr i was told that the light i have now was good for plants cause the stock light that came with the aquarium grew my last swords good but died cause i left the light off cause i was outta state.

well a t5ho fixture with 6500 to 10000k bulbs.......thats what most people have

But I thought its what the Kelvin thing really mattered? Mine is 6700.

No, wattage and reflectors are far more important. The kelvin rating is just the visible color of the light. The spectrums in the bulb are the reason that 6500k-10,000k bulbs are usually recommended, because they typically have the correct spectrums. But, if you don't have enough light, it doesn't matter about the color temp.

Well reason I asked is cause I don't wanna have TOO much of lighting and have algae. I just got done fighting algae and don't wanna Go through it again..

Back
Top Bottom