Help with Dosing chemicals in my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garth7

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all,

I first must say, I would be lost with out you all. Thanks very much!

I am questioning my dosing schedule. I have been doing the following:

Monday - Wed - Friday 1.5 tsp KNO3 1 tsp KSO4 1/8 tsp KH2PO4.

Tues - Thurs - Sat .5 tsp CSM+B

I make the macros in a 118ml bottle (only size I could find) and spread out the entire bottle over the week. The same is done in a separate bottle for the CSM+B. Sunday I do a partial water change.

As of last night I had a NO3 reading of 5 and a PO4 reading of 5.

Should I be dosing more? Are there other Dry ferts I should add to my dosing? I am willing to go out and purchase different types if needed.

I should also add that I have a 55 gal medium to heavily planted tank with 4 DIY 2 lieter coke bottle CO2 system. I also have 2 175 watt metal halide bulbs over my tank.

Thanks in advance.

If your plants look good, and you do not have algae issues. Keep with what you are doing.

BTW, with that much light, it's time to start looking into pressurized CO2. 4x 2-liter bottles certainly can work. But pressurized is so much easier on a tank that size.

I know that I need more CO2. I just havent done CO2 due to the cost involved and some ignorance on what I need. Thanks for the info!

Zezmo said:
BTW, with that much light, it's time to start looking into pressurized CO2. 4x 2-liter bottles certainly can work. But pressurized is so much easier on a tank that size.

X2. I use to run 4 2l DIY bottles on a 40gal with med lighting and had a hard time keeping up with it. Don't be affraid to take the pressurized plunge :lol: . All you need to get started is a tank (can usually be found locally), a regulator, some tubing, and some way to diffuse it. Once you get past the initial startup cost it is cheaper than buying a 5lb bag of sugar every other week.

Peyton said:
Zezmo said:

X2. I use to run 4 2l DIY bottles on a 40gal with med lighting and had a hard time keeping up with it. Don't be affraid to take the pressurized plunge :lol: . All you need to get started is a tank (can usually be found locally), a regulator, some tubing, and some way to diffuse it. Once you get past the initial startup cost it is cheaper than buying a 5lb bag of sugar every other week.

I think I found a tank, where did you get your regulator? Also, what kind did you get. I have been looking at ebay and found a Milwakee that looked decent.

Back
Top Bottom