Help with new 240l tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paulsha

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm setting up a new 240L planted tank and wondering if the following will work together

Discus
Angelfish
Pictus catfish
Red tailed black shark
Cory catfish
A dwarf pleco
Blue ram
And maybe some neons or similar

Would these be ok together, if so how many of each and would co2 be needed for the plants.

Thanks for any advice

You wouldn't be able to do the discus and the Rey tailed shark.

Be careful about what Corys you select as not all can tolerate high temps for angels and Rams.

Maybe look at some schooling dither fish to through in there. Harlequin rasboras are my favourite choice here.

If I left out the shark would the discus work with everything else

If I leave out the discus and shark what else would be good to add some colour and size with everything else and what temperature would be best?

Quick question. What's your fish keeping experience before I suggest anything further?

You could probably do the mentioned stocking before without discus or RTS

I use to have a 4ft community tank years 10 plus years ago which looked nice and had various fish in but I always fancied something that had bigger nicer looking fish.

Recently I have had a 40l tank with cory cats, mollies, neons, a dwarf pleco, some guppies and a betta which works well but is a little plain and has plastic plants not real.

Ahk just wasn't sure. Some people see discus and want them without understanding their needs.

I still think you could do the discus, with the Rams, corys, tetras. Are you looking at a planted tank as well?

The planted part is the bit I need the most advice with as never done well with keeping plants alive.

I've been reading that some sort of Aqua soil under the gravel not using under gravel filters and having co2 is what's needed, would this be the correct setup for plants?

Regards discus is it around 82f temperature with a ph of under 7 that is needed and then fish that are peaceful and like these conditions?

The planted part is the bit I need the most advice with as never done well with keeping plants alive.

I've been reading that some sort of Aqua soil under the gravel not using under gravel filters and having co2 is what's needed, would this be the correct setup for plants?

Regards discus is it around 82f temperature with a ph of under 7 that is needed and then fish that are peaceful and like these conditions?

Hope this helps with the plant part
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?23360-TAKIN-THE-HEAT!-PLANTS-FOR-DISCUS-TANKS

Keep it low tech and simple ?

Yes fish liking a ph under 6.8 and a temp of 80-82 plus. Fish native to South America are your best bet in that sense.

Hope I'm helping.

Back
Top Bottom