Help with plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi thanks for replying, yes that's what I'm concerned about. Is this normal? I'm fairly new to planted tanks, this one has been running since march this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It isnt a big deal. Try getting some algae eaters if you dont already have some and cut dow on the photoperiod a bit. Otos, nerite snails etc are good options to combat algae

How long are the lights on? What type? Do you dose ferts? Glut? Do you like oreos?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It isnt a big deal. Try getting some algae eaters if you dont already have some and cut dow on the photoperiod a bit. Otos, nerite snails etc are good options to combat algae

Ok great, thank you.

How long are the lights on? What type? Do you dose ferts? Glut? Do you like oreos?

Ok, the lights are on a timer for 8 hours a day. It's a single juwel T8 14W 438mm. I dose with flourish and exel, also my own root tabs which I got the idea from Mebbid on AA. Oh and I love Oreos ?

Could just be diatoms. Does it rub off easily and crumble?

The only problem with nerites is that they lay little white eggs all over the tank. Purely visual though, they will not hatch in freshwater.

Get an oto!!!

They are cool but unfortunately due to capture methods many don't survive long. With good parameters you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom