Hob plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok been wanting to put a plant in my hob for awhile just haven't done it. My question is would a small chocolate velvet cactus be suitable? I'm unsure that's the name. It's soft though not spikey. My tank is a 10 with live plants. Any pictures or stories of other planted hob would be nice. I've asked this before but can't seem to find the thread

Appreciate the info again. I'm not too educated on which plants can go where (emersed immersed). There is one thing I do, it hasn't been a problem yet but whenever my wife gets flowers I put one or two in my bettas 2.5 gallon with led lights. I wash them very well and they actually perk up pretty nicely and last awhile compared to 2 or 3 days. Is that ok or is there a possibility if problems? I take them out before they die. I figured it helps clean the waste since a gravel vac in a small tank is kinda tough.

Never done that with flower but if it hasn't killed the betta yet I'd say it's safe. The reason they do so well is the water contains nutrients.

Yea that's I figured. I was worried at first because i know they spray them with sparkles and whatnot but it seems fine and my betta loves the extra stuff to look at/play with.

Back
Top Bottom