Hornwort?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamroper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi All,

I added Hornwort to my aquarium today; just a 1/2 handful which is floating in the upper right hand corner of the tank. Is there any advice that you can give me regarding this plant?
Thanks,
D

In my experience it falls apart and makes a major mess.

Oh good lord....don't need that. I'll keep an eye on it and if/when it starts deteriorating I'll pull it out. Thanks for letting me know.
D

Grows like a weed for me. I love it. I have it in all my shrimp tanks and my nursery tanks. I even threw a strand in with my betta. No filter, no direct light and a week later it's actually growing.

Grows like a weed for me. I love it. I have it in all my shrimp tanks and my nursery tanks. I even threw a strand in with my betta. No filter, no direct light and a week later it's actually growing.

Will little pieces of it sink and mess up the bottom of my tank or get entangled with my other plants? I just put a betta in my community tank and he's very peaceful and calm, and loves the hornwort. The guy at my LFS told me it was okay to put him in and he's getting along well with the other fish.

Back
Top Bottom