How do you measure your dry ferts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwell1295

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just bought this one. I figure for $15.00 it should do the job. It has the same front cover feature. I like that idea. Keeps things nice and tidy..... :)

I first used a scale from a "headshop"/smoke shop, then got a nice used scientific scale, which is unnecessary but cool. When people see it and the different sized baggies and white powders, I usually feel obligated to explain I am not doing anything illicit ;)

I got measuring spoons that go to 1/16tsp at the cooking section fwiw.

rather than measure 1/16th tsp of phosphate, make a dosing solution.

if you only need a tiny amount of nitrate in a small tank, make a dosing solution.

sure scales are more accurate, but this isn't rocket science...we're just growing aquatic weeds ;)

Agreed. I just use measuring spoons for large dosing (K, PO4, NO3), and for my trace mix just use a stock 20X solution (CSM+B) and dose 10ml per day. Makes it very easy, and there is no mess. And unless you are REALLY bad at measuring a level scoop while the error is greater than a balance, I'm sure we're within 10-20%.

Now go see my deficiency thread in the planted forum and help me out! And don't say its because I'm measuring inaccurately! :)

Back
Top Bottom