How is my tank looking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tay

Aquarium Advice Regular
image-2219240630.jpg

I've had this tank for a year now and I want everyone's thoughts!

Looks good do u have a before pic? Im new too it kinda just curious of the progression an growth after a yr. my only dislike is the pot i personally just dont like em cause i feel it just dosnt go with the natural theme of a planted yak but thats my opinion other than that i really like it!

I've had this tank for a year now and I want everyone's thoughts!

Looks pretty good so far! Is that Pygmy chain sword in the bottom left corner? I would add some background plants and put the moss on a rock or something more natural looking. The pot can kinda mess up the natural view of the tank.

Very nice tank!

Although like everyone else, I would substitute the pot for something more natural looking like a cave

Very nice tank!

Although like everyone else, I would substitute the pot for something more natural looking like a cave

:thanks:
I will do that it's just my bristle nose loves it, but I may be able to ween him on to the drift wood or a rock

Looks pretty good so far! Is that Pygmy chain sword in the bottom left corner? I would add some background plants and put the moss on a rock or something more natural looking. The pot can kinda mess up the natural view of the tank.

:thanks: it really helps. I will substitute the pot for a rock that I have, and yes that is Pygmy sword, I love it. What plants would be good for background?

I'm thinking of putting either of these rocks in I'm probs gonna put the one on the right in. What do u guys think?
image-861471528.jpg

Looks good!! Great start! If you let the moss take over that pot, it will look very natural. And if your fish loves it... Leave it lol !!
As far as the rocks.... Be careful , I added a bunch to my tank and my ph is really high(7.4-76) and I don't want to pull them and have to worry about a crash. I have another tank(29gal) same water same everything except the rocks and its like a 6.8-7.0. But two shouldn't hurt to bad just do the vinegar test first. If it bubbles on the rocks don't ad them....:)

Looks good!! Great start! If you let the moss take over that pot, it will look very natural. And if your fish loves it... Leave it lol !!
As far as the rocks.... Be careful , I added a bunch to my tank and my ph is really high(7.4-76) and I don't want to pull them and have to worry about a crash. I have another tank(29gal) same water same everything except the rocks and its like a 6.8-7.0. But two shouldn't hurt to bad just do the vinegar test first. If it bubbles on the rocks don't ad them....:)

Thankyou soooooo... Much! I might leave it cause I don't want to upset anything cause my parameters are almost perfect.thanks again

:thanks: it really helps. I will substitute the pot for a rock that I have, and yes that is Pygmy sword, I love it. What plants would be good for background?

I personally love jungle val as background plants. There are other types of vallisneria too but jungle is my favorite. You can also use fast growing stem plants like med-light lugwigia, med-light rotala, bacopa, moneywort, loydellia ( forgot how to spell it ), etc.

What kind of rocks did you add? I have added many rocks to my tanks and the parameters have never been affected. 7.4 is not too high, most tanks have a ph around that ( including mine ). But higher than 7.6 is getting a bit too acidic. But definitely do the vinegar test before adding any type of rock.

Thankyou soooooo... Much! I might leave it cause I don't want to upset anything cause my parameters are almost perfect.thanks again

Adding one rock shouldn't affect the parameters too much. I added two to my 20 gal and nothing happened to the parameters.

Back
Top Bottom