How long for noticeable growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rcsguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just filled my new 55g with rotala indica, Amazon sword, moneywort, crypts, ludwigia repens, anacharis and hornwort a few days ago. I have the rotala grouped all along the back of the tank. How long should I expect for all these plants to grow In so the tank won't look so bare? Some leaves have fallen off, but I know that's normal with adding new plants. I dose flourish and API leaf zone once a week and have root tabs coming in soon. So what time frame am I thinking / few weeks, month, months? Thanks

Just filled my new 55g with rotala indica, Amazon sword, moneywort, crypts, ludwigia repens, anacharis and hornwort a few days ago. I have the rotala grouped all along the back of the tank. How long should I expect for all these plants to grow In so the tank won't look so bare? Some leaves have fallen off, but I know that's normal with adding new plants. I dose flourish and API leaf zone once a week and have root tabs coming in soon. So what time frame am I thinking / few weeks, month, months? Thanks

In my experience, all of those plants grow a few inches a week in good conditions besides the crypts which are slow growers.

If you just planted the plants, it will take some times until you notice some growth. Because the plants will establish the nice roots systems first under the substrate, then started to grow out. It only takes a few days to a week for them to do that depend on your setup. With high tech setup (more ferts, CO2 and high light), plants will grow faster.

Back
Top Bottom