How much does it cost to fill 5lb. Co2 tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To fill a 5 lb tank around my place it is $20, but it varies greatly based on location.
As far as finding a place you will have to do some calling, call some welding shops and see if they fill them ask them were they get theirs filled. I have a place called prax air that I get mine filled at

I use a welding supply also. However, some of the LFS in my area also swap tanks (albeit a little pricier). You may want to google what's nearest to you and call them to see who is cheapest and closest.

aqua_chem said:
Refill + New seal is about $20 here.

Thanks! S
o maybe i should start a new thread for this question but how do i know how much co2 i should be putting in the tank?

Passatryde said:
Thanks! S
o maybe i should start a new thread for this question but how do i know how much co2 i should be putting in the tank?

I assume you mean how much co2 to put in the aquarium. The answer to this question will be different for every aquarium. The best way to measure the co2 level in the water is by using a drop checker. A drop checker is a very simple bubble looking thing that basically allows you to see the level of co2 in color form. Often times eBay has some inexpensive drop checkers. To go along with the drop checker you will need some 4 dKH reference solution, found on eBay or make your own (there is a sticky how to make your own)

Back
Top Bottom