How much excel for a 55 gallon aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Millerman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I didn't really understand the dosing instructions and wanted to make sure so I didn't overdose. Would it be ok if I added only 1 capful every other day?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

One capful should be fine. I believe it's actually 1 capful per 50 gallons according to the directions.

yes its a capful per 50 gallons either every or every other day. They said each thread is about 1mL in the cap.

I have a 30 gallon and have been doing just under the capful every "other" day.

The truth about excel.. it can be dosed up to 1ml/gal.. yes one ml for each gallon, in higher light situations of course. This dose will need to be achieved gradually. It breaks down after about 12 hrs so dosing every other day is not useful. the exaggerated dose post wc is useless as well, if anything it will just piss your fish off. You may be thinking. . Brookster there claims are outrageous, surely you're wrong.. i dump 12-14ml of straight metricide (2x strength of excel) into a 30 gal every morning..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The truth about excel.. it can be dosed up to 1ml/gal.. yes one ml for each gallon, in higher light situations of course. This dose will need to be achieved gradually. It breaks down after about 12 hrs so dosing every other day is not useful. the exaggerated dose post wc is useless as well, if anything it will just piss your fish off. You may be thinking. . Brookster there claims are outrageous, surely you're wrong.. i dump 12-14ml of straight metricide (2x strength of excel) into a 30 gal every morning..

Awesome. And here I thought I was living dangerously by putting 1 cap per day in my 29.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok cool thanks for clearing that up. I was worried because i've heard all these horror stories of excel wiping out fish.

Ok cool thanks for clearing that up. I was worried because i've heard all these horror stories of excel wiping out fish.

I've heard them too, seems as though people are quicker to blame products for death over poor maintenence;) gradual dosing is key..

Back
Top Bottom