How planted ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dswiese

Aquarium Advice Regular
Would you consider this low or medium planted ?

Attachments

• image-837497815.jpg
    image-837497815.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 81
It is narrow leaf micro sword if I remember correctly. Not getting a lot of runners or growth yet but not dying either lol

Excuse the rummynose tails in the pic lol

Attachments

• image-118261093.jpg
    image-118261093.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 82
Also some moss balls are on the gameplan.

Hard to see but do have a bit of Xmas moss growing on some mesh in the left side

I think your tank is great! What size tank is it
I have a 29 gallon with currently an amazon sword plant, and an anubius plant, I want to add a corkscrew vallisneria, some marimo moss balls, x-mas moss for a decoration, and a bunch of anacharis plants, those add a lot of oxygen to the water, and filter out a lot of nitrates.
Really like your tank, I would also like to add that micro sword plant of yours

It's a 55g. Been working on it since Jan.

At the moment I just have the generic Aqueon T5 light from petsmart. Nothing fancy

I really like that tank a lot, it looks great! I'd put a black background on it if I were you

It's a 55g. Been working on it since Jan.

At the moment I just have the generic Aqueon T5 light from petsmart. Nothing fancy

I would say your tank is probably close to moderately planted, looks pretty good too. Don't knock the aqueon t5s though! I had them on my 55, my 20 and even my 75 for a little while and the did great things for my plants

Yeah can't say I have and any plant issues due to the lighting. Some random brown spots and a couple of thin leaves on one of the swords. Picked up a bottle of Seachem Trace and started that. Along with Excel when I remember it

Yeah can't say I have and any plant issues due to the lighting. Some random brown spots and a couple of thin leaves on one of the swords. Picked up a bottle of Seachem Trace and started that. Along with Excel when I remember it

Are you using comp and root tabs as well? Swords are heavy root feeders

Back
Top Bottom