How to attach airline to regulator?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
fxt46v.jpg

The airline keeps like falling off, and I was wondering if I needed something else before I connect to the airline?

Looks like a nice set up.Is that just a compression fitting holding the line on or is there a needle valve there to?I can't tell from the pic.

I think your problem is you are using silicon airline, which has a slightly larger diameter than standard CO2 tubing. You can buy it on EBAY for less than ten bucks, and it fits very snugly on the compression fitting. It also has the advantage of not going rigid over time like airline tubing will when you are pumping CO2 thru it. Regular airline tubing also leaks some CO2... I have seen quotes for as much as a 30% loss though I suspect it is much lower than that at the pressures we are dealing with.

Okay thanks. I was using silicone tubing, which is looser than normal airline tubing, so that's why it was coming off so easily. I'll try removing the gasket thing.

The needle valve is part of the regulator, but it doesn't have one of those ribbed things to go into the airline.

Anyways, I switched out that last 3" section with normal airline tubing, so its fitting better.

Good call on the gasket. There's a rib after it, so after it came off, the airline is alot more secure. Thanks guys

yeah if the needle valve has a little o-ring gasket thing on it, take that off. The tubing will fit over tighter that way too. I removed it on both of my needle valves and no leaks yet...

I wasn't sure, so I left it on there. It makes more sense if you had something like one of those screw up bubble counters since it would create a seal.

Back
Top Bottom