How to change your lighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JengoJengo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi! I'm new here, so please forgive me if this question is too simple.

So, I'm wanting to do a better planted tank, and from all the research I've been doing, I need to do the co2, fertilizers, and lighting.

So, I think I can figure out the co2 and fertilizers, but what I can't quite understand is how to change your lighting. Do you just change the bulb on your built in hood light? Or do you need to get a new hood ? Or something else? TIA

You will either have to get a versa top and a new light. Most now go with LED's.
Are you trying to go low, medium or high light? What size tank? How tall is the tank?

You will either have to get a versa top and a new light. Most now go with LED's.
Are you trying to go low, medium or high light? What size tank? How tall is the tank?

Well, I have a 20 gallon that I am hoping to do as an Amano-style Aquascape with Java moss and maybe hair grass.

Then I have a 55 gallon where I'd like to do something more lush, nature style for a community tank. I haven't picked out plants, but I was thinking driftwood with moss attached and then a bunch of lush background plants.

I am open to any suggestions or advice!!!

Back
Top Bottom