How to do a Peroxide dip?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imissmytruck

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am afraid to do a bleach dip. I kill everything with bleach. What is the proper ratio to dip my plants in Hy-Peroxide? Actually, what is the whole process?

Is it best to treat my 55 gallon tank at once? or dip my bog log and the one "rubbery" plant? Sorry I don't know the name of it, I am just a newbie to plants. And the whole tank in general.

I am afraid to do a bleach dip. I kill everything with bleach. What is the proper ratio to dip my plants in Hy-Peroxide? Actually, what is the whole process?

I do about 6oz of tap water + 4 cap fulls of H-Peroxide in a 12oz plastic cup for a few minutes. The chlorine etc in the tap + the H-Per will kill any unwanted microbes + snails.

Don't worry about chlorine residue... not enough of it will stick to the plant to harm your BB.

Ok. Thank you! It's done. Let's see how it goes. It didn't come off right away, I assume, in the reading I've done, that it will let go eventually. And the plant and bog log will once again be clean.

Back
Top Bottom