How to do this whole EI Dosing stuff?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thetrueblueram

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys I heard about the ei dosing method and everyone who does it has had good results, I've heard it also works out a lot cheaper than the Seachem products that I'm using at the moment.

I've got my 15 gallon fully planted aquarium, newly redone the right way with some ADA Amazonia soil. I have my DIY CO2 at around 1.5 bubbles a second and dosing 1.5 ml Flourish Excel daily. I've got 3 T5 HO bulbs on this tank running for 8 hours with a siesta break.

So now about the EI dosing, what schedule should I follow? What supplies will I need?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kno3, kh2po4, and micros aka planted csm+b

There is suggested ei dosing for different tanks posted online if you Google. But you can modify your dosing to suit your tanks needs. Generally going lower than suggested amounts. Or cutting out things all together.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Okay thanks, and could I find those at my local store or will I have to order them?

I found this on the Internet, for the trace elements can I use the Seachem Flourish Comprehensive?

Attachments

• 1405098762128.jpg
    1405098762128.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 84
Yes you can use flourish for micros but dry ferts is way cheaper.

You can order online for ferts from a lot of places you just have to look around. Some hydroponic stores have dry ferts too. But your LFS won't have this stuff.

Okay great thanks phil, and what would be good dry micro fert replacements?

Get 3:1 more of kno3 than the other 2

Back
Top Bottom