How to keep Xmas moss alive!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kalel

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys,

I need som advise ASAP I just received my order of Xmass moss, but I'm not finish with my setup, so I can't put them in the tank as yet. How can I safely keep them alive till I'm ready to plant them out?

I keep my extra Xmas moss in a glass jar in my window. I change the water every couple of days. I am growing it to use in some different projects. Been dong it for a few months and it is doing fine. Should work for short term.

If you've filled your tank you can use a breeder box to put it in, that's what I've been doing for a couple months now since I don't know where to use it, or the glass jar like above sounds good. My willow miss didn't seem to like the box but the Xmas moss I have seems like it couldn't care less where it is as long as there's water and a little light

Another question; seeing when I got the moss, they were a little brown and green, do I need to put plant nutrients in the water or just plain water? Or will they eventually come back to their natural in a few days?

You may want to put a little, but may not have to unless its going to be a long time. My willow moss was pretty brown when it came in the mail, I almost threw it away, but it bounced back, as long as there's some good green on your Xmas moss I would think it will bounce back too

Back
Top Bottom