How would this LED fixture rank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gobluewolverines4

Aquarium Advice Activist
LED Aquarium Lighting Freshwater Bright

This website is great and full of cheap light LED light fixtures, but I have no idea how to tell whether they are applicable to planted tanks or not. Most have either 6700k LEDs or 10000k LEDs so i figure they can grow plants, but I am wondering if I have a better option on this website for my 55 gallon, around the same amount of money as well. :thanks:

BTW: I am trying to achieve medium lighting, not low by any means. The higher the better!

Hey. Unfortunately i think these lights will only be classed as 'low light'. I have the 18" version(all white, double bright). I have not planted my tank, yet, but I have some floating low light plants which are thriving, no Co2, Liquid carbon or ferts. They might struggle to get to 'medium' light but I can't say for sure. For the price, they are a great light....
If you had two, it might bring you up to 'medium' light. Sorry for the all the 'mights'. I'm no light expert, just starting out, plant wise. I'm going by what other plant people on here have told me about mine. There is a light available that a few people here have been very impressed with. I believe it's called Current Satellite LED+. If you google it, i'm sure you'll find it. Also not sure of the price but I don't think it's too expensive.
Brian_Nano12g is very knowledgeable about this particular light. If you have a search, he has a thread about the Satellite. Contact him and i'm sure he'll be able to help you out....

Hey. Unfortunately i think these lights will only be classed as 'low light'. I have the 18" version(all white, double bright). I have not planted my tank, yet, but I have some floating low light plants which are thriving, no Co2, Liquid carbon or ferts. They might struggle to get to 'medium' light but I can't say for sure. For the price, they are a great light....
If you had two, it might bring you up to 'medium' light. Sorry for the all the 'mights'. I'm no light expert, just starting out, plant wise. I'm going by what other plant people on here have told me about mine. There is a light available that a few people here have been very impressed with. I believe it's called Current Satellite LED+. If you google it, i'm sure you'll find it. Also not sure of the price but I don't think it's too expensive.
Brian_Nano12g is very knowledgeable about this particular light. If you have a search, he has a thread about the Satellite. Contact him and i'm sure he'll be able to help you out....

Wow, very knowledgeable. Thank you very much, I'll be sure to contact him. Just one more question, how can you tell the lighting without a par chart? I can't find out no matter how much I look, for LEDs that is.

Wow, very knowledgeable. Thank you very much, I'll be sure to contact him. Just one more question, how can you tell the lighting without a par chart? I can't find out no matter how much I look, for LEDs that is.
I'm in the same boat as you mate. I tried but couldn't find anything. As I have no clue about lighting, I was just going by what other, very well respected, 'plant people', like Brian, told me. My plan(very soon) is to just have a low, maybe medium, light planted tank. Nothing fancy for me, just some shrimp and some plants to control my high nitrate(from my tap) issue. Don't get my wrong, they could work, i'm no expert by any means but if anyone knows, Brian will. If he's not sure, he'll put you in touch with someone who will. I hope they DO work for you. It's always nice to save some cash...haha

I have the 48 inch current satellite led +

It is a low output light fixture and will not grow plants at all if it is the only source of light then you will not even be able to grow java moss and swords without issues. It is great for affect lighting and has cleared up my algae problems by allowing me to set the main light on a timer only running 6 hours a day

I tossed the box the other day but I believe on the 48 inch total lums is between 1800-2000 each bulb in my HOT5 set is around 4500

Back
Top Bottom