Hygrophila corymbosa compacta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NigelK8485

Aquarium Advice Addict
If you have this plant show it off! I love how it looks on google images but I can't seem to find much information about it. I was barely able to find anyone selling it. I have a few coming tomorrow and am trying to figure out if where I'm planning on placing it is going to work.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

http://i.imgur.com/CuRVwoi.jpg

Before I cleaned the glass so excuse that but they are super bright green. I love them.

Only thing I have to say is they need good light or the bottom leaves drop, and they get leggy but that's the same with almost any stem plant. Other than that no huge requirements.

29g Community

10g Betta

Yours look more mature.

Great pictures both of you, I'm excited to get this plant.

I dose ferts, inject co2, and have a new BML light on the way so hopefully it'll take off in my tank.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Gook luck with your new plant. Sure it will grow well for you

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

I bet that thing is gonna try to take over with the BML and CO2 Nigel.
Can't wait to see it.
And he is correct you both have beautiful plants there.

Gone Fishing,
Dale

I was told this is compacta:

img_3210488_0_9d09c1b28af8d8731465f8cb301fd469.jpg

Mine is pretty bushy, haven't had it for that long that why it isn't so tall as Webb as I'm trying to propagate it a bit. It has the potential to be leggy but mine isn't. All you need is fairly good lighting, basic ferts etc and they are good to go.

Do you dose C02?

29g Community

10g Betta
I have co2 but i stop using it when the hgro started to dropped leaves when i run it. I dun know if it was co2 or other things contributing to the leaves dropping. Anyway my tank is all what i called " low tech plants" they all can grow well without co2. Now weekly dosing of excel. Im also running the tank with only 2x 54w of cfl in a 4 ft tank. Low tech? [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16] lazy to do the math for watt per gallon.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom