i finally got all the co2 supplies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
How many bps would I start off with? It is a 35 gallon tank and I don't have a Ph monitor (I don't want to heart my little fishies)

I'd start with 2 and go from there. You want your drop checker solution to be green, with a yellow tinge. I run 3-4 on my 40 breeder, but start with two and up it from there.

Thanks I will start with 2! Is there any secret to check for leaks in the system?

Away from your tank, soapy water. Just like checking a tire for leaks, if you spray soapy water on all the connection points, it'll bubble a little if it leaks.

Hurray no leaks! Thanks for all you help with guiding me through this co2 set up! I will have to get plants from you soon!

remember not to crank on the reg to tight as it is brass and its a soft metal ......if you turn them to tight it messes the threads up wich can cause leaks later on from taken it off and on for tank refills

O dear I hope I didn't do it too tight, I did not think of that! My plants are already perling (it might just be co2 bubbles but I know for shure not all of them are :)

My co2 has been set up for 2 days now! Every day when the timer turns it on the bubble count is lower? Did I for something wrong? Yesterday I had it about 2.5 bps but this morning it was at 1 bps?

it'll take a little adjustment. How much pressure do you have on the right regulator? You should have about 10lbs or so. Otherwise, you will have fluctuations. How's the 2.5bps working for you? Are you staying a little on the yellow side of the green?

If the right one says 10 psi then my bubble count goes to like 1000 bps?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110430_103735.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110430_103735.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 65
Yeah, that's what the needle valve is there for. You gotta keep pressure on it, then just barely open the needle valve and you'll be able to adjust from there.

EDIT: That's the little knob under the bubble counter on the right side. Just close it all the way, get your pressure to 10lbs, then slowly open it until you get the number of bubbles you're wanting.

Is this at 10 pounds? Or in other words is psi the same as pounds?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110430_104624.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110430_104624.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 66
yeah psi = pounds per square inch... i've just always said pounds (may be a regional thing?). but yes, that looks good. now just dial in your needle valve and you'll be set. once you get it adjusted, you won't have to worry with it until you run out.

I <3 co2! It is really not that difficult and it has helped my plants like non other! Yesterday there was not a plants in my tank that was not perling! Including my dwarf baby tears that I was thinking I didn't have enough light for! Thanks to you 2 I am up and running smoothly! Thank you so so much!

Is this the color I am looking for I a drop checker? I know my plants love it! But I don't want to hurt the fish :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110501_190313.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110501_190313.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 58
Back
Top Bottom