I finally made the change - *New pics 5/4/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kennef said:
nice looking substrate, now where did you get this stuff ?

It's a combination of flourite and Shultz Aquasoil.
The Shultz came highly recommended. I found it here.

I brought a 25lb bag and mixed it with @ 40lbs of the Flourite.

It's amazing tanks like this that make me intimidated about posting pics...such a nice tank. Seems so simple at first glance but there is a lot going on.

Great work. I concur w/ the crowd...your time spent was well worth it.

Your right Jc...how did I miss this one. Looks good man.
You know, I once actually tried to photoshop your subtrate black just to see how the tank would look...hehe ;-)

Zezmo said:
You know, I once actually tried to photoshop your subtrate black just to see how the tank would look...hehe

How ironic, I had tried to photoshop blue into your substrate... :ROFLMAO:

Man, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you guys really had issues with my blue substrate. :wink:

Some members have been suggesting that I provide some updated pics of the tank. I'm not one to disagree so here is the latest incarnation. I did change the driftwood and some pruning, etc. It is still a work in progress:

may42007b005.jpg

it looks amazing. I'm about to rescape.. and pull some of the extra eco complete out..

do I need to rescue my fish?

also I may be asking for some lowtech plants. I want fewer stem plants, jsut the prettiest ones for splash.. and a more stable scape.

my lowtech 5 gallon nano is gorgeous every day with no work. (annubias and Java fern. Go figure)

WaterPond said:
I'm sure your pleco and balas love to rip that scape apart ;)

Indeed, I've found that the bala's will tear off the leaves of most delicate leaf plants, so most ludwigia sp is out. The pleco will uproot anything that isn't nailed down, so I'm constantly re-planting the grass. :shock: The broad leaf plants seem to be too tough for any of them so they will endure.

Back
Top Bottom