I got my new bags of Eco-Complete!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An t-iasg

Aquarium Advice Addict
I ordered some Eco-Complete at my lfs. One bag has a small hole in it, and all, or most, of the liquid ran out before I got it. The other bag is fine, and it does have the water in it. Is there a problem with the "dry" bag? Should I mix the two bags in a bucket to evenly spread the water before I fill the tanks? I don't have fish right now so I'm not worried about the cycle just yet but I'm wondering about the dry bag, if it's ok.

Hmm I'd say it depends on how long that bag has been "dry" since the Eco-complete is loaded with bacteria in it. If it's a moist bag still, I think it wouldn't be a problem. The second bag should make up for any damage in the "broken" bag; it's not like the bacteria won't recolonize the substrate anyways.

I think you should be fine in the long run, especially when you give the substrate some time to settle in. Worse case scenario is you have a buildup of nitrates/ammonia right off the bat. :loopy:

Back
Top Bottom